Life can change without a moment’s notice – from a workplace injury, a heart attack, a drowning, a spinal cord injury or a car crash. For patients who are critically ill and injured, every minute saved before treatment can increase their chances of survival and improve their prospects for recovery.
STARS is more than just a helicopter. It is a comprehensive and responsive emergency medical system made up of several components. Our flight crews, air medical crews, and communications specialists work in concert to ensure that our patients receive the best care available in the shortest period of time possible.
Having STARS in the air ensures patients have access to the specialized medical care they need, even if they are far away from a critical care centre.
Find more information by clicking here: STARS
About the STARS Calendar
The annual STARS calendar campaign is a valuable fundraiser for STARS. The calendar is now in its 25th edition and has raised millions of dollars with more than 500,000 door-to-door visits made each year. The calendar shares many moving patient stories of rescue and recovery, and each month features a photo of our STARS team in action.
STARS representatives canvass local communities between July and February selling the STARS calendars for $30 each. With the purchase of a calendar you know you have made a difference!
If you miss the representatives, please call 1-877-778-8288 to order your calendar, or place an order on this website.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
STARS Calendar Campaign FAQS
1. When and where will the 2018 calendars be sold? A door-to door campaign will run from July 2017 to February 2018. You can contact us at email@example.com, call 1-877-778-8288 or visit www.starscalendar.ca to purchase your calendar.
2. How much are the calendars being sold for? Calendars are $30 each. Cash, Cheque, Debit, VISA, Mastercard, and American Express are accepted. Cheques can be made out to STARS Foundation.
3. Who are the STARS calendar representatives? We have about 100 calendar canvassers who serve as our community representatives. Most of them have been involved with STARS for many years.
4. Can I get a tax receipt when I purchase a calendar? Unfortunately, as per Revenue Canada stipulations, we are unable to provide a tax receipt. However, we will be happy to provide a commercial receipt.
5. How long will my calendar take to ship and how is it mailed? All calendars purchased from this site are delivered by Canada Post and will take approximately 2-5 business days to arrive.